Subject: ASCOR project - notification of upcoming feedback process
From: "Gri.Ascor" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - RAM" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "Karoli Niilus - RAM" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2025 16:34:22 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing to inform you of an upcoming feedback process on a 
confidential and preliminary assessment of your country conducted as part of 
the Assessing Sovereign Climate-related Opportunities and Risks (ASCOR) 
project. The  <https://transitionpathwayinitiative.org/ascor> ASCOR tool is 
publicly available alongside an associated 
<https://transitionpathwayinitiative.org/publications/2024-ascor-framework-methodology-note-version-1-1> 
methodology note and an 
<https://transitionpathwayinitiative.org/publications/112/show_news_article> 
ASCOR explainer video series. The results for 70 countries were published at 
the end of last year on the ASCOR tool alongside the 
<https://transitionpathwayinitiative.org/publications/2024-state-of-transition-in-sovereigns-2024-tracking-national-climate-action-for-investors-report> 
State of Transition in Sovereigns 2024 report.

ASCOR was launched by an international coalition of investors and the 
Transition Pathway Initiative Centre (TPI Centre) based at the London School 
of Economics and Political Science (LSE). The TPI Centre is an independent, 
authoritative source of research and data on the progress of corporate and 
sovereign entities in the transition to a low-carbon economy.

ASCOR is an independent and opensource tool that assesses sovereign issuers 
on policies and targets to mitigate and adapt to climate change. Although 
ASCOR was initiated by investors, it was developed with the goal of 
supporting sovereign issuers in their data disclosure and showcasing of 
progress related to climate change action. You can find more information on 
the use cases of the tool in our report 
<https://transitionpathwayinitiative.org/publications/uploads/2025-ascor-in-practice-use-cases-and-insights.pdf> 
ASCOR in Practice.

We are in the final stages of the third assessment cycle, composed of 85 
countries. As part of the government feedback process, we typically received 
feedback from representatives of ministries of Finance or the Environment. 
In some cases, Debt Management Offices help coordinate the feedback process 
across different ministries.

Next steps:

*	You will receive the preliminary assessment of your country by early July.
*	You will have a 5-week period to provide comments on the assessment.
*	If there is someone else in your organisation that might be better suited 
to provide feedback, we would appreciate if you could forward this message 
to them or send us the correct contact information.

Your feedback is important so that the progress that your country is making 
in tackling climate change is adequately showcased. Thank you in advance for 
your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> .

Sincerely,

TPI Centre Research Team, LSE

ASCOR team | Transition Pathway Initiative Centre (TPI Centre) | Grantham 
Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment | London School of 
Economics and Political Science (LSE)

Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE

 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/transitionpathwayinitiative.org__;!!G7x19LdBoP0e!jSLzmc6e6ZpD7TQZ9sk_bZycSeRRpXXL9r463ki5jfrwQMaoRog-8IwHUuKsiNqE7awyCs-NaPkBHibdy80sVULS$> 
transitionpathwayinitiative.org | 
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lse.ac.uk_grantham&d=DwMFAw&c=xGioxNYD6WIXJpu7zsFQrQ&r=5iawaMtY32HYc51gedcOBA&m=PX9HBC4guL1w1-6Hu2xgssTvoeTL2xoM1A4_7m8sN20&s=GydRutOsmLMXVD66VOlK5rbppVV6bWFYcvcrt1P_PBo&e=> 
www.lse.ac.uk/grantham